Monday, October 19, 2009

Andy and Berit Kjos remind us ~

In times like this, we need a Shepherd! We don't know all the hazards ahead, but He does! We can't escape this corrupt world system, but He is our refuge in its midst! And He will surely lead His flock to peace and safety -- no matter how fierce the storms ahead!

"The Lord is my Shepherd! He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul."

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me. Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord FOREVER! Psalm 23

In "the sermon on the mount" -- one of the Bible's best loved messages -- Jesus compares two kinds of foundations: unyielding rock versus shifting sand. The first leads to unshakable peace and certainty, the other leads to disillusionment and destruction.

As the storms around us grow increasingly fierce, our foundations will surely be tested. But those who follow the Shepherd and stand on His Word will be safe with Him -- both now and forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment