Saturday, November 26, 2011

A medieval Jewish prophecy regarding the coming of Israel's Messiah appears to correspond to the current situation in the Middle East.

Rabbinic literature known as the Yalkut Shimoni touches on many future scenarios both for the nation of Israel and for the world. In its section on the biblical Book of Isaiah and the prophecies contained therein, a rabbi cited by the Yalkut Shimoni states:

'In the year in which the Messiah-King appears, all the nations of the world are provoking each other'. The document goes on to describe what closely mirrors Iran's defiant nuclear program and the tension it is creating with Arab states.

What does all this mean for Israel, assuming the Yalkut Shimoni is accurate?

"When I have brought them back from the peoples and gathered them out of their enemies’ lands, and I am hallowed in them in the sight of many nations, then they shall know that I am the Lord their God, who sent them into captivity among the nations, but also brought them back to their land, and left none of them captive any longer. And I will not hide My face from them anymore; for I shall have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel,’ says the Lord God.” Ezekiel 39:27-29



No comments:

Post a Comment