Monday, September 1, 2014

A sad commentary considering the RCC holds "numerous holy sites" within Israel.  A sad commentary indeed.

From YNET NEWS: In a special interview with Die Tagespost, Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem Fouad Twal, named to represent the Vatican in the Jewish State, declared that “Israel’s existence as such has nothing to do with the Bible.” He then compared Christians’ condition in today’s Jerusalem with Jesus’ Passion: “We "Christians???" never forget that even our Lord himself suffered and was mocked in Jerusalem.”

Perhaps they should also never forget that Yeshua said:  "No man taketh it [My life] from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."
 
“We "Christians???" cannot speak about the Promised Land for the Jewish people”, the synod’s document said. “There is no longer a chosen people. The concept of the promised land cannot be used as a base for the justification of the return of Jews to Israel and the displacement of Palestinians.”

The RCC is a lot of things, but 'Christian' it is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment