Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Woe to me that I dwell in Meshek, that I live among the tents of Kedar!
Too long have I lived  among those who hate peace. I am for peace;
but when I speak, they are for war Psalm 120:5-7
Such is modern Israel’s plight, that she is situated in the world’s worst, most implacably bitter neighborhood, the middle east. “Meshek” - a son of Japheth whose descendents eventually settled in the Caucasus area, is slated to lead a confederation of Moslem nations against Israel.
Kedar is a son of Ishmael, one of the forefathers of the Arab nations. Like their father Ishmael, of whom God said he would be a “Wild Ass of a man”, who would be at war with everybody, including his brothers, Kedar is currently for war, though Israel wants peace.
The ‘ everlasting hatred’ is coming to a head. The events leading up to the last intervention of God Almighty to this earth are centered around this Israel hatred. This is why the Psalmist cries out to God to consider the trouble inflicted upon Israel by it.
But Israel’s prayer to God shall be answered for she will not always be surrounded by such hate filled and painfully deceived neighbors who seek her destruction even as she seeks peace -
And there shall be no more a pricking brier unto the house of Israel, nor any grieving thorn of all that are round about them, that despised them; and they shall know that I am the Lord GOD. Thus saith the Lord GOD; When I shall have gathered the house of Israel from the people among whom they are scattered, and shall be sanctified in them in the sight of the heathen, then shall they dwell in their land that I have given to my servant Jacob. And they shall dwell safely therein, and shall build houses, and plant vineyards; yea, they shall dwell with confidence, when I have executed judgments upon all those that despise them round about them; and they shall know that I am the LORD their God. Ezekiel 28:24-26

No comments:

Post a Comment